Are you happy?
I am happy. We did pass the #900k overall reader counter yesterday, weekend starts tomorrow and Germany has a public holiday next week Thursday. After a longer dry period it did start raining yesterday and is still wet. Good for the garden.
For the Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) yesterday a great video that I did already share sometime ago. AND We all depend on the survival of bees, so let's celebrate World Bee Day today. There are even IoT solutions available in this area 👍.
Besides that I had some good discussion with Interns today. Two interviews, a bi-weekly call with the Interns currently working for us and a support session for one who will becoming a working student shortly. The oldest generation supporting the youngest one in the workplace and both sides benefit, real diversity 🤔.
As a Friday is always a good opportunity to recap the week, we did this today in a kind of coffee chat. All together struggling with the same project and sharing some thoughts about it, some were pretty old management principles, but still more current than ever:
- Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things. -- Peter Drucker
- The bеѕt wау tо predict уоur future іѕ tо create it. -- Peter Drucker
- What gets measured gets managed. AND If you can't measure it, you can't change it. -- Peter Drucker
- There is nothing worse than doing the wrong thing well. -- Peter Drucker
- Peter Drucker has many more of these quotes. Some would say common sense, others would say the best since sliced bread invention
One day no post and quite a bit of interesting material has accumulated:
- Where Creative Work Thrives
- 21 Sprint Retrospective Anti-Patterns Impeding Scrum Teams
- This company grows crops inside, stacked on top of one another
- Einride at SXSW | Demonstration from the world's first Remote Pod Operator
- How to give constructive feedback as a manager
- If you want to take on big problems, try thinking like a bee
- THE 3 OPPORTUNITIES OF CONFLICT
- What share of people say they are vegetarian, vegan, or flexitarian?
- What is Deep Work? Examples, Benefits, and Access
- Satya Nadella details Microsoft plan for ‘significant additional investment’ in employee compensation
- UN calls for extreme weather warning systems for everyone on Earth within 5 years
- Positioning your chief sustainability officer for success