My APPortunity 2022 opening today
Picture covering my Hypothesis for the opening statement in the Panel discussion - Reconciling Priorities and Actions Across Diverse Pursuits Toward a Truly Global Economy - and Improving Each by Leveraging the Others, Guests : Michael Nuesser, Caroline Das-Monfrais, Simon Williams, Simon Wardley, Host : Scott W Ambler
Just in case you are not able to join today at 11.00 AM EST or 05.00 PM CEST, here some key messages from my perspective.
When you are looking at the Job market in Germany in 2030 you will be realizing that there is a GAP of 2 million people between the available work force of 39 million and the to be filled positions of 41 million (figures provided by the German FEDERAL STATISTICAL OFFICE in 2016). The data are a little bit old and the COVID-19 impact has not been taken into consideration, but it gives a 1st indication, what to expect in 8 years from now. Combining this information with a McKinsey&Company Study from 2017 (see page 104/105 for Germany), you realize the following explaining the 2 million GAP in more detail:
- The demographic impact from 2017 to 2030 will reduce the workforce by 3 million
- Automation and Digitalization will cut additional 9 million jobs
- BUT Digitalization will also create 10 million new jobs
The solution to this and to survive in the already ongoing "War for Talent" is personal CHANGE:
- "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein
- “Put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others.”-- Randy Pausch
Missing talent is not a new topic, but there are still enough people resisting to any change. Some ideas, what could be done quickly 🤔:
- Get more talents from outside of Germany, we would need 400k per year, to make an impact
- Be much more attractive for hidden talent pools
- Develop the people you have already to tackle the new requirements
- Be open for new/alternative pools of talents and make diversity a reality:
It is not a matter of missing ideas and solutions, it is the willingness to make a 1st step to change something!!