Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
"Culture is to recruiting as product is to marketing." -- The HubSpot Culture Code, https://network.hubspot.com/culture-code/, a 128 pages slide deck full of great information and thoughts. Worth reading and reusing, this material made my day today 😀👍.
My 1st workshop of the Startup-Week in Duesseldorf https://startupwoche-dus.de/en/ was today about Agile Leadership:
- Presented by the MAERA GmbH from Cologne, https://maera.de/ (only in German)
- Good coverage of the Agile Mindset - Commitment, Focus, Courage, Openness and Respect
- Agile Leadership: Manager versus Leader, Servant Leadership
- Agile Ways-of-Working: Adapt & Inspect, run several iterations
- The learning organization: Try & Learn in e.g. regular retrospectives
- Besides content we did learn something about useful tools and how to run these kind of workshops remotely:
In summary a great learning experience, thanks to Monique and Christian for being our host 👍.
- Foods That Fuel Your Brain https://www.ccl.org/articles/leading-effectively-articles/foods-that-fuel-your-brain/
- How to Work with PMs, A Cheat Sheet for Designers https://medium.com/the-year-of-the-looking-glass/how-to-work-with-pms-3e852d5eccf5
- Do you take things personally? (And who doesn’t?) Here’s how to stop https://ideas.ted.com/do-you-take-things-personally-and-who-doesnt-heres-how-to-stop/
- Court Jesters: An Endangered Species https://fuehrung-erfahren.de/en/2020/09/court-jesters-an-endangered-species/
- WHY WE KEEP FIXING THE SAME PROBLEM: LESSONS FROM THE ICEMAKER https://leadershipfreak.blog/2020/09/14/why-we-keep-fixing-the-same-problem-lessons-from-the-icemaker/
P.S.: Want to improve my global membership/BLOG-reader map? See my 06-Sep-20 post how to participate in sharing your city and country. Thanks a lot in advance 😉.
On the left side the result of one week collecting locations for my global membership/BLOG-reader map. Two readers did share their location - THANK YOU - and I did add mine and the one of my mother. So we have two countries in Europe covered, but I think there are many more and even beyond Europe should be regular readers? Don't be shy and let me know where you are located, would be really great and very much appreciated 👍👍.
I did share my Booster Certificate from the Friday post also on LinkedIn at the same day. 958 views so far, what is really surprising as I do not get the same interest for other posts I am sharing there. Certificates seem to be a special area of interest, I wonder why? As long as you are not proofing the content you learned during your training in your daily work, it is just a piece of paper or a picture? What do you think?
Yesterday evening I have seen a report about the school of the future, with a comparison of the systems in Singapore (2) and Finland (~9), number in brackets is the OECD PISA ranking from 2018, https://www.oecd.org/pisa/PISA%202018%20Insights%20and%20Interpretations%20FINAL%20PDF.pdf
Both countries have below 6 million inhabitants, but a very different approach to convey knowledge in schools. Singapore is a high pressure system with very long school days and nearly no free time for the students. Finland is the opposite with only 4 - 6 hours school per day and a lot of additional learning experience during leasure time. They are basically learning - not for their school, but for their life - very hands-on and practical. For me personally the much better system for kids and the total results are not so much off. More material that was mentioned during the report:
- Do schools kill creativity? | Sir Ken Robinson https://youtu.be/iG9CE55wbtY
- AltSchool Gives Up on Schools and Focuses on Tech https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2019/07/01/zuckerberg-backed-altschool-gives-up-on-schools-and-focuses-on-tech/#5af8d1161c5b
- Khan Academy: For every student, every classroom. https://www.khanacademy.org/
Looking forward to the coming week with two workshops and one webinar around Agile Leadership and Change Management. Will be fun.
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (11-Sep-20) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2020/10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-this-week05
- Who’s the Most Popular YouTuber in Every Country? https://www.visualcapitalist.com/worlds-most-popular-youtubers/
- Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite - #FreeFortnite (great reuse of an Apple advertisement) https://youtu.be/euiSHuaw6Q4
- Why Working Hard Isn't The Answer | Aubrey Marcus on Impact Theory https://youtu.be/2R_BKlb_Y8k
“Time is the wrong metric to use when we evaluate work. Because it’s not just about how much time you work, it’s about how effectively you use that time.” ― Aubrey Marcus, https://www.aubreymarcus.com/pages/about
Today we had the official and virtual hand over of the first certificates for the SHIFTUP Agility and Innovation Qualification Program, https://shiftup.work/qualification/
After passing the BOOSTER level now, I am on a good track to reach the Advancer level in a short period of time, 73% done of the material by today 🙂. The wide influence of the Top Players in this program with respect to content and approach, makes this qualification very special 👍 and agile. Trust and Respect that goes both ways, thanks to Jurgen Appelo for taking us on this journey.
As this is the --> improve my global membership/BLOG-reader map <-- week, the daily reminder to participate in sharing your city and country in the ways proposed on 06-Sep-20, would be great to see you on my map sooner than later 👍.
One additional comment to my Tesla - VW story from Tuesday this week. Even with the tough ride that Tesla had since the end of Aug-20 at the stock exchange, it is still a market capitalization of $345 (Tesla) versus $92 (VW) billion 😮.
- 10 principles of change management (looking back to 2004) https://www.strategy-business.com/article/rr00006
- The Map on the Wall (about diversity) https://fromthegreennotebook.com/2019/08/23/the-map-on-the-wall/
"Good leadership requires you to surround yourself with people of diverse perspectives who can disagree with you without fear of retaliation." -- Doris Kearns Goodwin, https://doriskearnsgoodwin.com/ - quote taken from https://blog.vantagecircle.com/diversity-and-inclusion-quotes/
Picture provided by https://www.linkedin.com/company/european-leadership/
Trust yourself and others will follow. Be open for new stuff and influences, never give up learning 😉👍.
"Success is when reality catches up to our imagination." -- Simon Sinek (Notes to Inspire from yesterday), https://simonsinek.com/notes-to-inspire/
Since yesterday there was no new volunteer to share city and country, to improve my global membership/BLOG-reader map, if you are willing and interested to support check out my 06-Sep-20 BLOG post. Thanks a lot in advance, very much appreciated 🙂.
In the mindset of - being open for new stuff and influences, never giving up learning - some interesting material I found today:
- The Gemba Walk: Identify Improvements at ‘The Place where Value is Created’ https://kanbanzone.com/2020/the-gemba-walk-identify-improvements-at-the-place-where-value-is-created/
- Autonomy and Structure with OKRs: How a company without managers gets where they need to go. https://www.whatmatters.com/articles/managerless-companies-okrs/
- My Big List of Agility, Innovation, and Leadership Topics (very helpful details from Jurgen Appelo, worth checking) https://noop.nl/2020/09/my-big-list-of-agility-innovation-and-leadership-topics.html
- How companies can transform information into insight https://www.strategy-business.com/article/How-companies-can-transform-information-into-insight
- Two Simple Emails Can Stop Your Boss From Micromanaging You Remotely https://www.forbes.com/sites/markmurphy/2020/05/22/two-simple-emails-can-stop-your-boss-from-micromanaging-you-remotely
P.S.: As I am a strong believer of going back to the original source of an information, a quick comment to my BLOG post from 08-Apr-20. I shared an infographic about The 100 Most Spoken Languages Around the World. The original source can be found here: https://word.tips/100-most-spoken-languages/ 👍