Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
Picture taken from http://qaspire.com/2018/08/02/share-to-learn/
I did get two positive comments about my BLOG work today and found the picture on the left from Tanmay Vora that perfectly fits to my basic idea for doing it. Share to Learn for me and others.
With respect to my one sentence summary of the 2nd Future of Leadership Salon --> Go slower, to be faster ... , we are just applying the same principle at work, as preparation for a large project starting shortly. Spend a little bit more time at the beginning to get the basics right, work on a common understanding and agree the priorities for all involved parties, to be much faster during the project work. I did not came up with this idea, I just applied common sense, as far as I see it. Some supporting material below:
- How to Slow Down to Go Faster Than Ever in Software Development https://www.infoq.com/articles/slow-down-go-faster/
- Go Slow…To Go Fast! https://medium.com/@reganbach/go-slow-to-go-fast-8c3055e723ed
- Need Speed? Slow Down https://hbr.org/2010/05/need-speed-slow-down
Some other links to topics I mentioned in the last days:
- Are you APPROACHABLE? https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:ugcPost:6554738443136581632
- Bias in the Workplace: Are We Doing Everything We Can? https://management30.com/blog/bias-in-the-workplace/
- 12 executive coaching facts https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6553645694236798976
- 5 Meaningful Examples of Emotional Intelligence at Work https://thriveglobal-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/thriveglobal.com/stories/emotional-intelligence-examples-workplace-employee-success-compassionate-directness/amp/
Nothing helps make a leader more approachable than admitting your struggles, screw-ups and behind-the-scenes thinking on hard calls. If the leader makes this a priority, the whole company will be more open and methodical learning from failure. -- Scott Weiss, https://scott.a16z.com/about/
The six success capabilities of Future Leadership https://www.futureofleadership.salon/
Another busy week passed by quickly, but as we learned during the week - Let's go slower to be faster . We should continue, collectively with courage ...
Thanks again for being a regular reader, only with your support I could celebrate my 3rd BLOG anniversary this week, what an unexpected success.
Next week will be busy again, as my two main projects need a lot of attention to be either finished in time or to provide the needed functionality to all depending departments. Weather will further cool down, summer is taking a short brake, and we might even get some rain that is urgently required, as it is much too dry since weeks.
Below some interesting material to look at:
- How Wimbledon Uses Artificial Intelligence and Big Data https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7oglBbinwk
- The Most Amazing Examples Of Drones In Use Today: From Scary To Incredibly Helpful https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2019/07/01/the-most-amazing-examples-of-drones-in-use-today-from-scary-to-incredibly-helpful/#7d403d9a762a
- Follow Oxford Leadership in LinkedIn
- Mindfulness: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6553373824669233152
- 24 Character Strengths: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6552631932138606592
- Digital Continues to Disrupt: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6552629941882638336
- Management Practices for Effective Leadership in the Workplace https://management30.com/blog/management-practices-for-effective-leadership-in-the-workplace/
- Developing the 7 Main Qualities of a Successful mentor https://management30.com/blog/developing-the-7-main-qualities-of-a-successful/
- Udacity’s AI generates lecture videos from audio narration https://venturebeat.com/2019/07/05/udacitys-ai-generates-lecture-videos-from-audio-narrations/
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. Steve Jobs, American - Businessman February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011
Havas GmbH motto, picture taken in Duesseldorf on Thursday this week.
The Future of Leadership Salon https://www.futureofleadership.salon/ had a wide span of generations, not only inside the Thought Provocateurs, but also in the audience. What is not a surprise, but a common theme in the meantime https://hbr.org/2014/09/managing-people-from-5-generations.
An obvious joint interest was the Future of Leadership, but by accident and in the mindset of being curious and conscious, you can find other topics as well. Lunch and Dinner buffets are always a good opportunity and sometimes you just end up with a banana bread discussion .
Could be much worse, when you think about the "right" beer choice in the Cologne and Duesseldorf area. For more details please check - Dusseldorf vs. Cologne: My two rounds of a friendly German beer bout - https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/dusseldorf-v-cologne-a-rivalry-you-can-grin-and-beer/2015/03/12/4ab6b3e0-c122-11e4-9ec2-b418f57a4a99_story.html
With respect to banana bread Y*** definitely has the best recipie, but some alternative choices for you attached:
- Top 10 Banana Bread Recipes https://www.tablespoon.com/meals/best-banana-bread-recipes
- 10 Delicious Banana Bread Recipes https://www.southernliving.com/food/entertaining/banana-bread-recipes?#
- Simply the Best Banana Bread Recipe https://sugarspunrun.com/best-banana-bread-recipe/
- Banana Bread https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/
One of the downside of the WWW, just too much choices .
Be kind, don't judge, and have respect for others. If we can all do this, the world would be a better place. The point is to teach this to the next generation. Jasmine Guinness, Irish - Designer Born: September 28, 1976, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3142394/
Independence Day on 04-Jul-19 was this years date for "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade". The 2nd Future of Leadership Salon, perfectly prepared and organized by Eve Simon https://www.linkedin.com/in/eve-simon-7378b86/ and her team, and hosted by the Hafas GmbH in their cool location in Duesseldorf https://de.havas.com/havas-dusseldorf/.
See my last year summary in the 29-Jun-18 BLOG post: https://www.rethinkandfocus.com/429718297/6150900/posting/the-future-of-leadership-salon-my-highlights
We had a wide variety of impressions during the day. From Digital China, Innovation, Flow and Radical self awareness, via a tasty lunch, an african dance and a mindfulness meditation, to Nomad, Happytalism, Agileocracy and Justdiggit & Raindance. Plus many more ...
One of the guests did summarize the whole day in a freestyle rap, Daniel Jennewein in a sketch note (see my Photo Album for details). Below my key takeaways that only partially can describe the day:
After a quick coverage of the host Havas GmbH:
- "Be silly, be brave, be kind"
- We are living in a crisis of trust https://www.meaningful-brands.com/en
- Philip Morris: Unsmoke the world initiative https://www.pmi.com/itstime/it's-time-to-unsmoke---why-now
- Lacoste initiative for dying species https://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/article/44556/1/lacoste-conservation-endangered-animals-fashion-collection
Lets start with the 2019 Thought Provocateurs and some of their key statements:
- Björn Ognibeni, http://www.ognibeni.de/
- Digital China https://www.chinabriefs.io/
- The next big thing comes from China, Silicon Valley is out
- China knows better how to scale, see Alibaba 11.11
- China is focused on services, not advertisement
- Customer acquisition costs is much cheaper offline
- New retail: Coming from the new world and implement in the old world
- China is open to innovation, willing to think things new
- Chinese are looking for ways to cooperate, not to sell
- Sascha Friesike, https://www.friesike.de/
- Innovation means to make novel connections
- Use less tools, but with perfection
- You cannot under- or overestimate innovation
- Achim Nowak, http://brilliantbest.expert/about-achim-full-bio/
- Last year he did focus on LOVE this year on FLOW
- The psychology of optimal experience
- Flow happens when we work at our exceptional best
- Learn from agile, self management
- Purpose is not everything, when a workplace is driven by the wrong ideas
- Do good work and be proud of what you do
- Stephan Thieringer, https://www.theunnarcissist.com/
- Radical self awareness
- 4E = education, environment, experience, emotional state
- You always have a choice
- Add skills and culture to a discussion
- Use your three brains: Brain, heart, gut (stomach)
- Rona van der Zander, https://www.ronavdzander.com/
- We.Nomad - How to create a WE in a Nomadic world
- Future of work and education https://www.growbeyound.com/
- Self-management, find strength in yourself
- Working remotely, flexibility and trust
- Inter-generational, overcoming own bias
- How ‘Digital Nomads’ Game the System to Work in Paradise https://onezero.medium.com/how-digital-nomads-game-the-system-to-work-in-paradise-2453f59bb7c0
- Luis Gallardo, https://gallardo.world/
- You are invited for the World happiness fest 2020
- Understand the Happytalism formula
- Jasmina Nikolic, https://agilehumans.city/jasmina-nikolic/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/jazilla/?originalSubdomain=rs
- Agile Humans, the Agile Manifesto for real life and business
- Can we call it Agileocracy?
Some more topics to think about or to look at:
- The 17 UN sustainability goals, can be realized in 10 years https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/sustainable-development-goals.html
- Companies are the force for good
of a standard introduction with name and title use the following format:
- When I look in your eyes I see ... --> to be described in three words or sentences
- You did not see/realize that I ... --> could be your answer to the statement of your counterpart
- Mindfulness: Search inside yourself, Google https://siyli.org/
- The future of leadership is human
- I, We, It - All, We, Self https://www.openimpact.io/i-we-it
- Joseph Campbell, The Heros journey https://medium.com/personal-growth/a-call-to-adventure-will-you-follow-the-heros-journey-d918e148d849
- Fishbowl discussion https://www.facinghistory.org/resource-library/teaching-strategies/fishbowl
- Sharing and listening from the heart, the most necessary person in a movement is the first follower, even to initiate it
- Justdiggit a Dutch NGO
- If you want to see an African dance about the future leader skills with an animal analogy, see https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:ugcPost:6552525375363133440
- You can use Play-Doh and Lego to supprt creativity and innovation processes
- At the end we promoted the idea to change Independence Day into Interconnection Day, by coincidence Seth Godin had the same idea https://seths.blog/2019/07/connection-day/
- This Steve Jobs quote closed the day https://fs.blog/2016/03/steve-jobs-crazy-ones/
My personal summary:
- The whole day program did provide enough content for the brain (left and right side), the heart and the gut
- Take a break to listen to different perspectives – go slower
- Go for x-functional with respect to culture, age, gender, skills, etc.
- Start with yourself and then take responsibility for you, family, team, environment, etc.
- An Evolutionary leader needs / has to:
- Self reflection
- Dig deeper
- Send trust into the organization
- Take pauses - don't say: "I have no time to sharpen the axe, I have too much trees to cut"
- Curious skepticism
- Combine modern and traditional methods
- Develop yourself before you can develop others
Go slower, to be faster ...