Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
Pictures with quotes by http://www.quotehd.com/quotes/simon-sinek-quote-we-live-in-times-of-high-stress-messages-that-are-si and http://www.quotehd.com/quotes/winnie-the-pooh-quote-it-is-more-fun-to-talk-with-someone-who-doesnt-u
This is the fun and freedom of a blogger, to combine very different things, even when the content is similar. Winnie-the-Pooh with a first appearance in 1926 and Simon Sinek born 1973. Winnie is double the age of Simon in 2020 🤭.
Keep your message simple to get acceptance, is my opinion as well. And be sure to take care of a proper definition of words before your start your work with cross-functional/-cultural and multi-language teams!! Start slow, to be faster in the end. Two good examples below:
- Management 3.0 Plus Module: Metrics & OKRs https://management30.com/align-constraints/metrics-okrs/
- re:Work Guide: Understand team effectiveness https://rework.withgoogle.com/print/guides/5721312655835136/
And as HR is one of my favorite topics, here the reference to a new series of articles by the ZUKUNFT PERSONAL BLOG that is just starting up:
- 12 HR trends for 2020 – Part 1 https://blog.zukunft-personal.com/en/2020/01/20/12-hr-trends-for-2020/
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet. -- SCOTT ADAMS , AMERICAN CARTOONIST, https://www.scottadamssays.com/about/
Picture by https://www.pentoz.com/
Ups and downs during the last week as also mentioned on the picture, but in summary we are growing in the project. And might make some good progress in the coming week when everything goes well.
On Wednesday we had the 1st preparation meeting for the 2. VDI Nacht der Technik Rhein-Wupper in 2020 (https://rhein-wupper.nacht-der-technik.de/). The event is scheduled for 02-Oct-2020, but the earlier we get up to speed the better. At the evening a new supporter out of the Engineering community joined and I was directly sure that I know the guy, but had no idea where we met the 1st time - you always meet twice 😉. On the way home with public transport we did discuss several options, but did not come to the right conclusion in the end. The next day I did search for the name Think-Digi (the guy's company) in my two eBooks and found the right post from 23-May-18 https://www.rethinkandfocus.com/429718297/5948702/posting/our-children-at-full-speed-in-the-digital-world, we had seen us the first time during a Meetup at Sipgate in Duesseldorf. It's a small world ...
A busy week is coming up and only 13 days left until Super Bowl LIV 👍 https://www.miasbliv.com/
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (17-Jan-20) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2020/10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-03
- INCIDENTAL COMICS: Mental Space http://www.incidentalcomics.com/2020/01/mental-space.html
- TED Talk: The happy secret to better work https://www.ted.com/talks/shawn_achor_the_happy_secret_to_better_work
- The Danger of Organizational Purpose https://wuwei-inst.org/groupthink-danger-of-organizational-purpose-management30/
- We Need STEAM, Not STEM Education, To Prepare Our Kids For The 4th Industrial Revolution https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2020/01/15/we-need-steam-not-stem-education-to-prepare-our-kids-for-the-4th-industrial-revolution/#1351888c55fb
Picture by Business Technology Forum at https://www.managebt.org/book/strategy-and-governance/operating-model-and-tools/
In the mindset of "Keep it simple stupid - KISS" and to drive for simplification - "Start simple, it always becomes complex over time !!" you should make use of the results of smart people's work. A new Operating Model is always under discussion and on the task list, when you do another reorganization or merger & acquisition. The standard Enterprise / Large Company approach is to ask expensive consultants for their support, advice and to come up with a great new idea.
Why always asking for new stuff? In most cases a waste of time and a lot of money, causing frustration on the working level as well. Let your own experts do the work, to have acceptance right from the beginning 👍. Or why not reuse a solution, what has proved its worth already? Or rely/trust on the smartness of larger communities, open source for example? Adjusting an existing solution to your needs - copy and transfer - is much easier and cheaper than starting from scratch. Nearly getting emotional here 😉, because I hate consultants selling you a great new operating model, as the best invention since sliced bread, and you could come to a similar result after a 5 minute WWW search. I have seen it, I have been there ...
One of definitely many other good examples is Business Technology Standard, available in the 4th edition since 2019 - https://www.managebt.org/book/introduction/preface/, check it out.
- It's time for the first green industrial revolution https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/01/its-time-for-the-first-green-industrial-revolution
- This AI rubbish bin will help fight food waste at Davos https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/01/ai-bin-trash-food-waste-davos-2020
- Compassionate Leadership 101: Twelve Lessons From Business Innovators https://www.forbes.com/sites/laureldonnellan/2020/01/16/compassionate-leadership-101-twelve-lessons-from-business-innovators/#e9bb3904be19
- There’s an art to happy memories — you can make more by experiencing more “first”s https://ideas.ted.com/theres-an-art-to-happy-memories-you-can-make-more-by-experiencing-more-firsts/
All of us roughly know what memory is. I mean, memory is sort of the storage of the past. It's the storage of our personal experiences. It's a very big deal. -- Daniel Kahneman, Israeli - Psychologist Born: March 5, 1934, https://www.ted.com/speakers/daniel_kahneman
Picture taken from https://www.topendsports.com/events/super-bowl/winners-list.htm
It is football time again and only 15 days left until Super Bowl LIV. Coming Sunday we have the two half-finals Tennessee Titans vs. Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers.
Looking at the statistics on the left we have to go back to 2013 to find one of the 4 teams in the final - the San Francisco 49ers. So we see change in the participants of the finals and younger Quarterbacks taking the lead. A new generation ...
- 5 Required Skills For Leading Change https://www.forbes.com/sites/joefolkman/2020/01/16/5-required-skills-for-leading-change/#19e419db6a16
- The Responsibility100 Index https://www.tortoisemedia.com/intelligence/responsibility
You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for his own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -- Marie Curie, Polish - Scientist November 7, 1867 - July 4, 1934, https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/physics/1903/marie-curie/biographical/
Picture of Chris Boos https://arago.co/chris-boos/ with one of his statement t-shirts "thinking is like googling, only more extreme".
I am reading a weekly newspaper about the stock exchange and they are describing a millionaire or billionaire on the second last page every week. This week it was Chris Boos, founder and CEO of Arago https://youtu.be/WnzlDMxfQiI the company that developed the AI-platform HIRO™ https://arago.co/hiro/.
Despite or because of his difficult childhood due to a disability (albinism), he has become a self-confident person, what he is regularly showing with his statement t-shirts. A perfect fit to his company is the following "After real intelligence didn't work for me, I'm using artificial".
The workshop around "my personal USP", as mentioned on 14-Jan-20, did go really well and my colleagues had a lot of fun taking the break. Guessing who is who, just by looking at the selected pictures, was relaxing and a challenge at the same time. A really good way to learn a little bit more about the people you are spending 40 hours a week together. For the coming dates we are looking into sharing some Management 3.0 practices https://management30.com/practice/, could be fun ...
- A NEW QUESTION THAT INVITES A STORY https://leadershipfreak.blog/2020/01/16/a-new-question-that-invites-a-story/
- This US startup is making take-out food delivery more sustainable https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/01/how-this-new-company-is-taking-the-waste-out-of-restaurant-delivery
- Schools of the Future: Defining New Models of Education for the Fourth Industrial Revolution https://www.weforum.org/reports/schools-of-the-future-defining-new-models-of-education-for-the-fourth-industrial-revolution/
- Dubai has taken 3D printing to a whole new level - literally https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/11/country-created-worlds-largest-3d-printed-building/
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. -- Stephen Hawking, English - Physicist January 8, 1942 - March 14, 2018, http://www.hawking.org.uk/