Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
I am happy. We did pass the #900k overall reader counter yesterday, weekend starts tomorrow and Germany has a public holiday next week Thursday. After a longer dry period it did start raining yesterday and is still wet. Good for the garden.
For the Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) yesterday a great video that I did already share sometime ago. AND We all depend on the survival of bees, so let's celebrate World Bee Day today. There are even IoT solutions available in this area 👍.
Besides that I had some good discussion with Interns today. Two interviews, a bi-weekly call with the Interns currently working for us and a support session for one who will becoming a working student shortly. The oldest generation supporting the youngest one in the workplace and both sides benefit, real diversity 🤔.
As a Friday is always a good opportunity to recap the week, we did this today in a kind of coffee chat. All together struggling with the same project and sharing some thoughts about it, some were pretty old management principles, but still more current than ever:
- Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things. -- Peter Drucker
- The bеѕt wау tо predict уоur future іѕ tо create it. -- Peter Drucker
- What gets measured gets managed. AND If you can't measure it, you can't change it. -- Peter Drucker
- There is nothing worse than doing the wrong thing well. -- Peter Drucker
- Peter Drucker has many more of these quotes. Some would say common sense, others would say the best since sliced bread invention
One day no post and quite a bit of interesting material has accumulated:
- Where Creative Work Thrives
- 21 Sprint Retrospective Anti-Patterns Impeding Scrum Teams
- This company grows crops inside, stacked on top of one another
- Einride at SXSW | Demonstration from the world's first Remote Pod Operator
- How to give constructive feedback as a manager
- If you want to take on big problems, try thinking like a bee
- THE 3 OPPORTUNITIES OF CONFLICT
- What share of people say they are vegetarian, vegan, or flexitarian?
- What is Deep Work? Examples, Benefits, and Access
- Satya Nadella details Microsoft plan for ‘significant additional investment’ in employee compensation
- UN calls for extreme weather warning systems for everyone on Earth within 5 years
- Positioning your chief sustainability officer for success
TSUNDOKU sounds like a great idea, especially when you are not a regular reader, but love the haptic of books 🤨.
You can also use these books to have a great background in a video call. I just remember one from last week. One guy was sitting in a room full of books, no fake background, and did read most of them already. The other guy was sitting in a really small store room and used a shelf full of books as his background to hide the rest of the room. Tsundoku at its best.
Other learning links below:
- Visualizing China’s Dominance in Clean Energy Metals
- Startup Week Duesseldorf 2022, schedule available as of today
- Bridging Africa's digital divide: The rise of community internet
- 3 WAYS TO DO WHAT MATTERS TODAY
- 8 Signs You're Being Lied To
The earlier you get used to being bored once in a while, the better for you. It should be easy for kids, but will be much more difficult for adults.
- Why Workplace ‘Boreout’ is the New Burnout (And What to Do if You Have It)
- You're Not Burnt-Out. You're Bored-Out
"Boredom is just the reverse side of fascination: both depend on being outside rather than inside a situation, and one leads to the other." -- Arthur Schopenhauer, taken from 40 Best Boredom Quotes – Words of Great Wisdom
Since today the APPORTUNITY 2022 GLOBAL CONFERENCE agenda is available, check it out 🤔!!
- Time to get serious about the realities of climate risk
- 6 positive AI visions for the future of work
- 10 QUALITIES OF A SERVANT LEADER - Infographic
- How to Practice Mindfulness in the Workplace with Chantelle Fitzgerald
- Kalush Orchestra - Stefania (Official Video Eurovision 2022)
- 24 WAYS TO CHALLENGE PEOPLE WITHOUT BEING A JERK-HOLE
APPORTUNITY 2022 GLOBAL CONFERENCE - THE MOST AMBITIOUS TECH EVENT IN A GENERATION
"APPortunity is a consortium of tech industry veterans who believe that the ability to articulate structural problems in delivery holds the key to the rapid advance of progress in real value-producing work. We believe in tech that frees people to do the hard personal work of delivering services to their constituents and clients." I will be joining the conference as panelist on the 2nd day. For more details check their webpage.
- 6 key insights into accelerating the energy transition
- The future of leadership is kindness
- 5 AWESOME WAYS TO ENERGIZE YOUR DAY
- 5 Choices You'll Regret Forever
- #Sketchnote for “The Coaching Habit.”