Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
As some of you might know, I am running Ubuntu Touch https://ubuntu-touch.io/ as operating system on my main mobile phone for several years now. It is no Android or iOS, but offers the key features and runs really stable when you do not have the top-notch expectations. Reduced to the necessary and essential .
This week I started Phase II of my personal trial, in the mindset of --> eating your own dogfood. I invested in a Fairphone 2 https://shop.fairphone.com/en/, a really modular phone, with 2 SIM Card slots and a lot of other great features. Plus it is one of the three promoted devices for Ubuntu Touch.
Our goals: When it comes to making our phone, we’re doing things a little differently. We aim to create positive social and environmental impact from the beginning to the end of a phone’s life cycle. https://www.fairphone.com/en/our-goals/
When I started in my telecommunications company last year I pretty quickly realized that most of the employees are using two mobile phones, one for business and the other for private use. A surprising factor for me with respect to several areas - financials, environmental protection measures, mineral resources, sustainability, being a future rolemodel for the customers, aesthetics (one mobile phone in each back pocket or two mobile phones in one back pocket is not a nice view ), and so on. I made an improvement proposal to the internal idea exchange board that was rejected, as nobody wants to persuade an iPhone user to use an Android business phone . I am not at all an i-anything user or fan, but a decision is a decision.
As reducing our Ecological Footprint is one of the key areas in the Purpose-Led initiative now, I am trying to proof that one phone could be sufficient instead of two. Using Ubuntu Touch as alternative to Android or iOS on the single phone does not make the trial easier, but you grow in your challenges, so stop complaining . Issues could be company security measures like e.g. two-step verification, keep company data protected or app license agreements (business versus private use). Will be interesting to find solutions or to have a plan B available when needed. I will keep you posted .
There's so many things that life is, and no matter how many breakthroughs, trials will exist and we're going to get through it. Just be strong. Mary J. Blige, American - Musician Born: January 11, 1971, http://www.maryjblige.com/
Thanks to Scaled Agile for the SAFe 4.6 Framework at https://www.scaledagileframework.com/
As this BLOG is also for me personally, to remember and collect interesting content and outstanding material available in the WWW, two examples below. It is always good to see, what other people or teams are doing and how they present their knowledge. Copy and transfer instead of starting from scratch, saves time and energy:
Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) - © Scaled Agile, Inc. Include this copyright notice with the copied content. Read the FAQs on how to use SAFe content and trademarks here: https://www.scaledagile.com/about/about-us/permissions-faq/ Explore Training at: https://www.scaledagile.com/training/calendar/ - The START page at https://www.scaledagileframework.com/ gives all information necessary and works as interactive picture to drill down to required details. A great source of knowledge and expertise, check it out .
- "The Business Technology Standard, or BT Standard, is an open-source management framework to plan, build and run information technology in today’s technology-driven business world. This is the fourth, completely rewritten and upgraded edition of the framework. Read articles on different thematic areas by selecting titles in the charts below." https://www.managebt.org/
Creation always involves building upon something else. There is no art that doesn't reuse. And there will be less art if every reuse is taxed by the appropriator. Lawrence Lessig, http://www.lessig.org/about/
Happy Mother's Day https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/common/mother-day today. On the picture the view my wife did see this morning, as the kids did prepare a very nice breakfast .
A lot of activities are currently ongoing at work. The new purpose-led strategy around digital first, include all and the planet. What is required to start a self-organized team, what is the best topic for a Bachelor and Master thesis, what should be the next headline for a bi-weekly newsletter, what is the best possible operating model for the new IT organization, etc.? All serious stuff, no buzz word bingo https://www.businessbuzzwordbingo.com/
Interestingly all topics that I did cover in previous BLOG posts already, some even during last week. So I can re-use a lot or offer the links and material to colleagues for support or further processing. Very helpful to have my eBOOK and the search function in the PDF file available, to come to the right posts quickly and find all related content. One example is the "Big Five for Life" book that we might be using for the Bachelor Thesis about personal versus company purpose and a proper connection with the digital first topic, to get the buy in from the supervising professor. Exciting weeks coming up .
- Communication basics, always good to remember https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6532870540405813248
- My Best Advice for Graduates: 12 Tips for A Happy Life https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/my-best-advice-graduates-12-tips-happy-life-gretchen-rubin-1e/
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (10-May-19) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2019/10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-this-week15
- Sketchnoting is a Superpower https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQft0_nL9eI
- Economies of Scale: what you can learn from Netflix about scaling up https://www.innovationtactics.com/economies-of-scale-netflix/
- Performance management in agile organizations https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/performance-management-in-agile-organizations
- The Secret of Walt Disney’s Creativity - The Dreamer, Realist and Critic https://lateralaction.com/articles/walt-disney/
You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. Walt Disney, American - Cartoonist December 5, 1901 - December 15, 1966
There is no science in creativity. If you don't give yourself room to fail, you won't innovate. Bob Iger, American - Businessman Born: February 10, 1951, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/leaders/robert-a-iger/
The Nature of Mindsets | 8 Principles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VGeo_OobuY
"Mindsets shape the lives we lead, the actions we take and the future possibilities of the world we live in." see a great article at https://medium.com/benefit-mindset/the-nature-of-mindsets-18afba2ac890, worth reading.
What is a Mindset? - “Your beliefs become your thoughts, your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your values, your values become your destiny.” — Mahatma Gandhi
As always, it is all about people, in this story the everyday expert, learner and leader.
Besides people you have process and technology https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/people-process-technology-rajesh-godavarthi/. As people are least predictable and assessable, I think you should put your focus there, we have enough new technology available and small teams can cover the required processes.
A wide variety of people related content below:
- How to Build a Company Culture to Compete Against Big Brands for Talent https://blog.capterra.com/how-to-build-a-company-culture/
- 7 Times Giving Up on a Work Goal Is the Healthiest Decision https://thriveglobal.com/stories/giving-up-work-goals-quitting-benefits-tips/
- 4 things that kids wish their parents knew https://ideas.ted.com/4-things-that-kids-wish-their-parents-knew/
- HOW TO RESPOND TO STUPID SUGGESTIONS https://leadershipfreak.blog/2019/05/10/how-to-respond-to-stupid-suggestions/
- What I Learned Working At Apple With Steve Jobs by Guy Kawasaki https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfU8uCFG5Gk
- Life skills and 8 Keys of Excellence by Bhanu and Bhavin-ExpressRight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOMbBxTYJ4k
And finally the current German hero in England - King of Comebacks:
- Jurgen Klopp Swears In Interview After Beating Barcelona 4-0 At Anfield https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELhLR2iEYmg
If you want special results, you have to feel special things and do special things together. You can speak about spirit, or you can live it. Jurgen Klopp, German - Coach FC Liverpool, Born: June 16, 1967, https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jurgen-klopp/profil/trainer/118