Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
"Stories enable connection and interaction. They’re recognizable patterns in which we find meaning. More importantly, stories help us make sense of our world and allow us to share that understanding with others." taken from Once Upon a Narrative — A Case for Storytelling by Jéan Raath
Another great story is about Kelvin, The Hidden Elon Musk Of Africa, who did build a real moving car out of scrap metals and what he could find on junkyards. 🤔👍🤩
With respect to the next really big milestone, to pass the #500k overall reader number, there are only 13,424 readers to go right now. Should not be more than 3 - 4 weeks left to get there. Looking forward to it 😉 - thanks for reading ...
"The fact of storytelling hints at a fundamental human unease, hints at human imperfection. Where there is perfection there is no story to tell.” -- Ben Okri
- The most fundamental skill: Intentional learning and the career advantage
- Soft Skills Are Too Important to Be Called Soft
- The Habits of Highly Effective Leaders
- TED Playlist: Reduce, reuse, recycle
Picture taken from NASA's Perseverance Mars Rover Twitter account
The Mars Rover landing yesterday is a good opportunity to pick up the International Day of Women and Girls in Science from 11-Feb-21 again, as you have to meet Swati Mohan, the Indian-origin Scientist Who Landed the Mars Rover on Red Planet.
See a collection of somehow related topics:
- How to build your confidence — and spark it in others (Brittany Packnett | TED2019)
- Accenture to hire 150 moms for 'highly coveted roles'
- How to turn a group of strangers into a team | Amy Edmondson
- HOW MOTHERHOOD MAKES MANY WOMEN BETTER LEADERS
- The fundamental flaws of the eNPS (& why the Happiness KPI is the answer)
- The 2021 State of Remote Work
- Yes, good leaders are authentic leaders — but here’s what that actually means
The 20th anniversary of the Agile Manifesto was celebrated on 11-Feb-21. If you are interested how Tesla is using Agile and you have 1 hour 22 minutes to spend, check out this page - either the video or the podcast, as you like it. You will be surprised, what you can accomplish in 3 hour sprints with 10k people that have a clear understanding of the Definition of Done and the most value for their company - just a small teaser 😎.
A somehow related video is - What are the biggest future trends we have to get ready for today and how to we best prepare for them? These are the questions Bernard Marr is discussing with world-renowned futurist and author Gerd Leonhard.
Just in case you are in the mood for more adventure, see:
- TED Playlist: Talks for when you’re in the mood for adventure
- I let algorithms randomize my life for two years (Max Hawkins | TEDxVienna 2017)
Fail fast, fail often - experiment, learn fast - it is okay to make mistakes, as long as you learn something out of it - the credo of the Agile world and mindset. James Anderson did summarize it well in his article today, check it out.
Goes well with Jurgen Appelo's "Manage the System, Lead the People" idea - Agile Leaders as Gardeners 👍😎. Some of his latest Vimeo videos below:
Some more helpful links to review:
- Must have mindfulness gadgets to relax your mind
- 5 New Books About Making the World a Better Place
- How I Became a Tester! Breaking Silos within Cross-Functional Teams
- Forbes NEXT 1000: Small-Scale Super Achievers
- THE URGENCY ILLUSION: ARE YOU RUNNING AROUND WITH YOUR HAIR ON FIRE? HERE’S WHY!
- A SUPERLIST OF TOOLS & APPS TO HELP YOU WORK BETTER REMOTELY