Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
Picture by INCIDENTAL COMICS
"The Johari Window is a tool which helps build trust amongst a team, and at the same time helps you to understand yourself and your peers better." One of the basic Communication practices, always good to remember once in a while.
A first step in the right direction is to regularly ask trusted people for their feedback about how you are doing, because very often "you can no longer see the forest due to all the trees around you", as we say in Germany. An outside perspective will help us to get some clarity!! 👍
It will help a lot with respect to e.g. time management, priority setting and the necessity of lifelong learning. Give it a try. I always appreciate some feedback, even when it is not positive, because it can trigger a necessary personal change 🤔.
- unFIX PowerPoint version (version 3)
- What does a four-day work week mean for the future of work?
- 5 Steps LGBTQ+ Employees Say Companies Can Take to Be More Inclusive
- Don't Panic! Here Are the Top 10 Books on Stoicism
- Transparency — The Hardest Thing to Pull Off in Organisations
Another great picture provided by Teacher Goals 👍
We had the school closure event of my daughter yesterday. Great location, program and a successful end of 13 years in school. COVID-19 did not play any role anymore. No face masks and distance, a lot of hand shaking and hugs. What is fully understandable after two years.
Next day different situation. In the onsite workshop today one participant was missing as a kid was COVID-19 positive and the whole family had to stay at home. We do not see anything anymore of COVID-19 was the comment of a colleague from the Netherlands. Different countries different approaches and rules.
And as we are working in the Data & Analytics department we had a discussion about the reliability of the official COVID-19 numbers in Germany. For these numbers we are often missing the guidelines, how the data have been collected and how large the grey area really is? Making decisions on these kind of data quality is strange, but without alternative when you listen to the official government channels 🤔.
Let's be positive for the coming weeks and month 👍.
- ATLAS OF THE HEART by Brené Brown | Core Message
- 10 WAYS TO MANAGE ENTITLED PEOPLE IN THE REAL WORLD
- 8 Ways To Play Kind Games, Not Mind Games
- The next chapter in analytics: data storytelling
- 17 Tips to Increase Your Number of Job Applicants
- Don't Let Middle Managers Block Agile Transformation
- Why Smart People Don't Multitask
- 8 climate change records the world smashed in 2021
- Nearly Half (45%) of American Homeowners Overestimate or Have No Idea About Solar Costs
My nephew just managed to get a successful 10th grade graduation, after a very difficult and struggling time before. His - resistance to change - the school and well known environment of class mates did create enough positive drive and flow, to turn around and come to a very positive end. A different kind of change agent, but results count 😎👍.
Will be a busy next week, two workshops Monday and Tuesday and the graduation ceremony and party of my youngest daughter tomorrow afternoon. Then all kids finally finished school 🤔. A "normal" working day on Wednesday, the last public holiday until 03-Oct-22 on Thursday and a bridge day Friday. Will be another quiet Friday as most colleagues take a day off for a long weekend.
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Talent Professionals This Week (10-Jun-22)
- 11 years since Dr. Eliyahu M. Goldratt passed away