Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
Picture taken from https://nikolamotor.com/motor
Shortly after I mentioned the Carbon Footprint Calculator in my last post I got an email from an alternative provider that I just want to mention here. Easy to make your own choice 😉 https://www.co2nsensus.com/carbon-offset-calculator.
As the Surname of Nikola Tesla https://www.britannica.com/biography/Nikola-Tesla was already used, Nikola Motor Company - "a pioneer in electric heavy duty applications. Nikola offers both pure electric and also hydrogen electric powertrains to cover class 8 in transportation" - took the First name. Nikola is a raising star in the truck market with a lot of interesting partnerships around the world. They are even battling Tesla's Cybertruck with the Nikola Badger, coming Sep-2020. Any Carbon Footprint Calculator might be helpful to decide, if you need a truck at all, even when it is 100% Electrical or Hydrogen.
For more helpful information you can also see the Carbon Disclosure Project website at https://www.cdp.net/en, "We focus investors, companies and cities on taking urgent action to build a truly sustainable economy by measuring and understanding their environmental impact".
Your money is power, so be aware of the products you're buying and the companies you're supporting to make sure you're helping the companies that are leading the way in sustainability. -- Gretchen Bleiler, American - Athlete Born: April 10, 1981, https://www.gretchenbleiler.com/
- Meet the German grandma who builds wheelchair ramps from Lego https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/german-grandma-builds-wheelchair-ramps-from-lego
- AWAKEN THE GIANT WITHIN by Tony Robbins | Core Message https://youtu.be/5aXQoq7dXDQ
Today is Shrove Monday, the top day in the outdoor carnival period that did start last week Thursday and will go until tomorrow, e.g. a Cologne link, the parade is still running ... https://www.cologne.de/events/cologne-carnival/parade-on-rose-monday.html. On Ash Wednesday everything is over and the 40 days fasting - the lenting season starts, as I already described it in my 11-Feb-2020 post - https://www.rethinkandfocus.com/429718297/6873471/posting/longterm-investments
I want to pick up the Climate Lenting topic again and keep it in mind in the coming weeks. Quickly a reminder of the key line items:
- Improve your ecological footprint
- Think about your energy consumption
- Come up with ideas for food saving
- Aim for a fair Information and Communication Technologies usage (digital detox)
- Take a different mobility approach
- Think about ideas for a life without plastics
- Agree common changes with your family, friends, colleagues, etc.
Before you can improve your ecological footprint you have to understand it. I found a site that works in all countries - https://www.carbonfootprint.com/calculator.aspx - give it a try. The global target for fighting against climate change is 2 tons per person per year.
The Germany average is 8.89 tons, the European Union average is 6.4 tons and the World wide average about 5 tons. When you know the World wide target should only be 2 tons, a tough number to reach. My current number is around 6 tons, and I had no flight last year, use public transport every day and do not eat a lot of meat as my daughter is vegetarian. So much more room to improve, to divide the current number by three 😲.
As data science, leadership and artificial intelligence could help to reduce the average, some related links below:
- 11 Books That Will Change The Way You Think About Leadership https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauragarnett/2020/02/05/11-books-that-will-change-the-way-you-think-about-leadership
- The 9 Best Free Online Data Science Courses In 2020 https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2020/02/24/the-9-best-free-online-data-science-courses-in-2020/#11a46f582bbf
- AI Just Discovered a New Antibiotic to Kill the World’s Nastiest Bacteria https://singularityhub.com/2020/02/23/for-the-first-time-ai-finds-a-new-antibiotic-to-kill-the-worlds-nastiest-bacteria/
Picture shared by https://www.linkedin.com/in/vladimerbotsvadze/
As you can see on the picture, it is all about the right manner towards other people. "Treat other people the way you want to be treated", just a small change, but it is worth it 😉.
By searching for a topic today I found a lot of articles related to CHANGE, possibly not specific to a Sunday it is just a general topic of interested and a lot of different people have to say something about it.
"Changing your life starts with changing your thoughts. What are you thinking about today?" -- Kevin Eikenberry, https://www.kevineikenberry.com/
Some examples for the CHANGE related articles:
- 5 Behaviors of Leaders Who Embrace Change https://hbr.org/2018/05/5-behaviors-of-leaders-who-embrace-change
- Managing Change In 8 Simple Steps https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/managing-change-8-simple-steps-tomas-kucera/
- Change Management Is A Mindset https://www.forbes.com/sites/harmoncullinan/2020/02/20/change-management-is-a-mindset
- 10 Things To Remember When Everything Seems To Be Going Wrong At Work https://www.forbes.com/sites/amymorin/2020/02/19/10-things-to-remember-when-everything-seems-to-be-going-wrong-at-work
Still an increasing interest in my BLOG, what is very much appreciated and additional motivation to provide interesting material to and share thoughts with you. After beating the 5 weeks average reader record last week, we could reach a new weekly reader record this time. Thanks a lot 👍.
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (21-Feb-20) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2020/10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-this-week
- Seth's Blog: Wasting it https://seths.blog/2020/02/wasting-it/
- Artificial Human Beings: The Amazing Examples Of Robotic Humanoids And Digital Humans https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2020/02/17/artificial-human-beings-the-amazing-examples-of-robotic-humanoids-and-digital-humans/#586a538b5165
- What is the difference between OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) and MBOs (Management by Objectives)? https://youtu.be/wl0exJy4k_E
Picture and more details from https://howmuch.net/articles/top-100-most-valuable-brands-2020
The value of a brand and the admiration/appreciation of a company seems to be close, when you compare the picture to the Fortune list at https://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/
The dominance of US based technology companies is hard to miss and it perfectly fits to a Fortune article: Inside big tech’s quest for human-level A.I., https://fortune.com/longform/ai-artificial-intelligence-big-tech-microsoft-alphabet-openai/, sorry not available free of charge. But there is a lot of other A.I. material at https://fortune.com/tag/artificial-intelligence/. Besides a lot of other details the article gives an overview of the four companies on the leading edge of A.I.:
- OpenAI https://openai.com/
- DeepMind https://deepmind.com/
- Google Brain https://x.company/projects/brain/
- Facebook A.I. Research https://ai.facebook.com/research/
The Chinese counterparts are:
- Baidu http://usa.baidu.com/adu/
- Tencent https://www.tencent.com/en-us/business/artificial-intelligence.html
- Huawei https://www.huawei.com/en/about-huawei/corporate-information/research-development
- Alibaba https://www.alibabacloud.com/solutions/intelligence-brain/city
- Sensetime https://www.sensetime.com/en/news.html
Just got the weekly status email of my BLOG-website provider. We did reach a new all-time record for the number of weekly readers --> 4,247. So we are just 7+ days away from the next milestone of #256,789 overall readers 😉.
- 5 Timeline Structures for Storytellers https://www.verbaltovisual.com/timelines/
Storytelling is the game. It's what we all do. It's why Nike is Nike, it's why Apple is Apple, it's why Walt Disney built Disney World and it's why Vince McMahon makes a billion dollars. -- Gary Vaynerchuk, American - Businessman Born: November 14, 1975, https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/biography/, https://www.forbes.com/profile/vincent-mcmahon