Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
1,186 readers to go, get ready guys .
Back from the 2 day offsite today. A really intensive and exhausting time. But good progress with respect to content, strategy and purpose. In a breakout session today I had the opportunity to work on our team purpose with two other colleagues. We used the model from Simon Sinek that I shared on Sunday. Coming back to the office tomorrow the biggest challenge will be to keep the momentum for a really long time.
Today I finally got the new book from Jurgen Appelo - Startup, Scaleup, Screwup - I did get a discount, as I participated in the Beta version reading and review. Will be interesting to read the whole book and to see which of my comments did make it into the final version, if any . See https://jurgenappelo.com/about/
- In the Game of Talent Acquisition, the War for Skills (Not Talent) Is the Only War That Matters https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/talent-connect/2019/talent-acquisition-war-for-skills-not-talent
- IT Spending: Understanding Your Data Analytics Budget https://futurumresearch.com/data-analytics-budget/
- This is what great leadership looks like in the digital age https://europeansting.com/2019/04/25/this-is-what-great-leadership-looks-like-in-the-digital-age/
Listening is a master skill for personal and professional greatness. Robin S. Sharma, https://www.robinsharma.com/
With a 2,000+ reader average per week, we might be reaching the next milestone at #133,333 next week already. Be prepared and invited to join the competition for a nice price .
For the book summary video from 17-May-19 there is also a 1-page summary available at https://convertkit.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/documents/4427/2151234/Start_with_Why_and_Find_Your_Why.pdf. Might be even a faster way to get the content? One way to Find Your Why according to Simon Sinek, is the formulation in one sentence with the following format - "My WHY is TO contribution, SO THAT impact." Below my first three ideas, still working on it:
- "My WHY is TO share my knowledge and expertise, SO THAT other people get suggestions and motivation for their life."
- "My WHY is TO properly listen and bring a different perspective to the table, SO THAT others get the opportunity to rethinkandfocus."
- "My WHY is TO be open minded and constantly learning, SO THAT I can trigger others to rethinkandfocus as well."
Fits a little bit to the Doug Neill annual review approach that I described in my 06-Jan-19 BLOG post. Besides that a very interesting and helpful summary of three templates from The Doug Neill Show https://www.verbaltovisual.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/VisualTemplates_Sample.pdf
Monday and Tuesday I wil be out for an offsite meeting. We will be discussing strategy and doing a team building event with the new team, after the latest IT reorganization. Sounds like a lot of work and fun, looking forward to it.
Have a productive week:
- 5 Verbal Cues That Enhance ANY Business Relationship https://thriveglobal.com/stories/5-verbal-cues-that-enhance-any-business-relationship/
- Want to make something, but have no idea where to begin? Here’s some inspiration from Adam Savage https://ideas.ted.com/want-to-make-something-but-have-no-idea-where-to-begin-heres-some-inspiration-from-adam-savage/
- How to plan for two or three (or seven) different careers in your lifetime https://www.fastcompany.com/90339752/how-to-plan-for-two-or-three-or-seven-different-careers-in-your-lifetime
Innovation is not born from the dream. Innovation is born from the struggle. -- Simon Sinek, https://simonsinek.com/discover/the-origin-of-the-why/
Fair trade picture by https://pixabay.com/photos/thumbs-up-coffee-coffee-beans-4200437/
First update on my red Fairphone 2 https://shop.fairphone.com/en/. With the 5 inch Full HD screen it is not too large and the two SIM card slots are really beneficial, to get away from carrying two phones the whole day. Due to security reasons and compliancy, I cannot move to one single phone for the whole time, as some required features are not yet available on Ubuntu Touch.
The UBports Community https://ubports.com/ is depending on donations and mainly working for free, so it will take some more time to catch up or may never happen, due to different priorities. We will see.
In the moment we are watching the Grand Final of Eurovision Song Contest 2019 from Tel Aviv, Israel https://eurovision.tv/ with the whole family, even the kids are interested. Still time to join, 10 songs to go in the moment. Madonna will do the halftime show ...
Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. Earl Nightingale, American - Entertainer March 12, 1921 - March 25, 1989, https://earlnightingale.com/