Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
"Life is the continuous adjustment of internal relations to external relations." -- Herbert Spencer, English - Philosopher April 27, 1820 - December 8, 1903, https://www.britannica.com/biography/Herbert-Spencer
Crazy times require creative solutions, some might last much longer than we expect in the moment 😉.
How to WFH with your kids around https://www.linkedin.com/feed/news/how-to-wfh-with-your-kids-around-5161842/
Medium Coronavirus Blog https://coronavirus.medium.com/
Coronavirus Or Climate Change? Greta Thunberg And The Woke Generation Teach Us Important Lessons In Leadership https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeetendrsehdev/2020/03/31/coronavirus-or-climate-change-greta-thunberg-and-the-woke-generation-teach-us-important-lessons-in-leadership/#4555356a58e6
My wife did host knitting workshops for teachers, kind of mindfulness training during a quick break, some weeks ago face-to-face. Today she had the 1st video conference session, due to social distancing.
The closed schools are driving the need for home schooling, leading to a much faster digital transformation in schools, what was urgently required anyway, but the speed was not fast enough so far. Now every teacher has to get familiar with the available technology to support the kids at home. Finally.
Companies are facing the same issues with most of their employees in the homeoffice. Besides the pure technical challenges there are a lot of leadership requirements to fulfill with distributed teams. The faster they get used to it the better. Some helpful links below:
- 8 Leadership Links for Uncertain Times https://conantleadership.com/8-leadership-links-for-uncertain-times/
- Working from Home Advice: 10 Tips to Improve Productivity https://www.ccl.org/articles/leading-effectively-articles/working-from-home-advice-10-tips/
- 15 DISCUSSION TOPICS THAT STRENGTHEN TEAMS DURING STRESS https://leadershipfreak.blog/2020/03/31/15-discussion-topics-that-strengthen-teams-during-stress/
- What can corporations do to help navigate the storm that is COVID-19? https://www.unisg.ch/en/wissen/newsroom/aktuell/rssnews/meinung/2020/maerz/help-navigate-the-storm-that-is-covid-19-30maerz2020
- Ribknit’s flat knitted masks await certification for COVID-19 fight https://www.knittingindustry.com/ribknits-flat-knitted-masks-await-certification-for-covid19-fight/
- TED Playlist: How to get into a work-from-home mindset https://www.ted.com/playlists/736/how_to_get_into_a_work_from_home_mindset
Thanks a lot to Simon Buehring on Knowledge Train https://www.knowledgetrain.co.uk/agile/agile-principles, you can download a poster for free, if you are interested. When you sign up for the newsletter, you will get a lot more helpful material to download for free.
One example for welcoming change, do a virtual/online museum visit at https://artsandculture.google.com/partnerfor example.
For the working together topic a list of 88+ tools that can help in the current situation, sorry only in German, but there are many tools that can translate Websites and the application names are giving a first indication already, check this out https://morethandigital.info/88-tools-fuer-unternehmen-home-office-und-remote-work/
"That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains." -- Steve Jobs, American - Businessman February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011, https://www.themuse.com/advice/25-steve-jobs-quotes-that-will-change-the-way-you-workin-the-best-way-possible
#StayHome to stay Safe and Healthy
Picture by http://www.asapscience.com/
In the 5th week of the climate lenting - fasting for climate protection and climate justice initiative, the focus area is mobility and sustainable travel.
Interesting to see, how quickly topics can change. With the Coronavirus lockdown around the world, the majority of the planes on the ground, #StayHome, public transport reduced to a minimum and nobody thinking about the next holidays - mobility and travel is nothing to worry about in the moment.
CORONAVIRUS IS HAVING A MAJOR IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT, WITH REDUCED CO2, BETTER AIR QUALITY AND ANIMALS ROAMING CITY STREETS, https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-major-impact-environment-co2-air-quality-animals-1493812
Today I signed up for the Shiftup - Qualified Agility & Innovation Professional qualification - https://shiftup.work/qualification/, a good way to use free time at home, to do something new and forward looking, and to get in contact with other people remotely. Will be fun.
This afternoon we had a family video conference, bringing family members between 16 and 84 years virtually together for one hour. The technology we used had some issues to show 6 video and audio streams at the same time, but it definitely was good for some funny moments and to see that everybody was doing fine. For the next time we will try another video conference provider, there are enough free offerings available in the market.
- The Best Video Conferencing Software for 2020 https://uk.pcmag.com/cloud-services/9067/the-best-video-conferencing-software-for-2020
Besides that the 3rd Homeoffice week starts tomorrow and the Germany lockdown will be unchanged until 19-Apr-20 at least. The number of new infections per day have to go down dramatically before any relief is possible.
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (27-Mar-20) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2020/10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-11
- Beyond coronavirus: The path to the next normal https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/healthcare-systems-and-services/our-insights/beyond-coronavirus-the-path-to-the-next-normal
- A blueprint for remote working: Lessons from China https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/mckinsey-digital/our-insights/a-blueprint-for-remote-working-lessons-from-china
Finally an offer I did get yesterday as response to one of my BLOG posts mentioning "Tips To Overcome Your Fear Of Public Speaking", thanks to Kevin Abdulrahman and see
- Crushing the Fear of Public Speaking: The 2020 Definitive Guide https://kevinabdulrahman.org/fear-of-public-speaking/