Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
Picture taken from Liz and Mollie on Instagram
Great week with passing a new milestone 👍😎, more to come.
Today was election day, finally. The two parties of the current government coalition are between 1 - 2% away from each other and both have not been selected by nearly 75% of all voters. Both will need another two smaller parties to have enough seats for the majority in the parliament and they do not really plan to work together again for another 4 years. Too much pain until now.
After the last election in 2017 it did take 5 month to build a new government, hopefully this time it will be much faster? Best approach could be that the two smaller parties try to find as much as possible commonalities and compromises to work together for 4 years and then select one of the two parties from the current government to join them. Is not the standard approach, but as we have to make some drastic changes anyway to save the environment, why not start with a new practice right away. We will see ...
Tomorrow morning is my Keynote Speech, really looking forward to it 😉. Will be my first time to do this, but there must be always a first time to get used to a new experience and to grow some new expertise.
- TED Talk: My 12 pairs of legs
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (24-Sep-21)
- The 7 Biggest Artificial Intelligence (AI) Trends In 2022
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) And Smart Process Automation
At 02:35 PM CEST today we did pass the latest milestone, thanks a lot for making it happen!!
In order to have a little stretch goal 🙃 for the next milestone, I did increase it directly to #750k overall readers. After setting my 30-Apr-22 target to 1,000k readers in my post on 07-Aug-21, we need to speed up a little bit 👍. I am positive you will keep reading.
Some quick links for the weekend, have fun:
- What matters most? Five priorities for CEOs in the next normal
- Visualizing the World’s Population by Age Group
- INCIDENTAL COMICS: The Stream of Consciousness
“You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential.” —Steve Garvey, taken from 18 Motivational Quotes About Successful Goal Setting
Picture provided by @successpictures
Exactly what Eve Simon did yesterday with the MOMS WHO LEAD Summit. A great experience during a very intensive 12 hours, with a lot of great MOMS who have shared their situation, experiences, concerns, successes, challenges, dreams, perspectives and wishes with us. Worth listening and learning.
The father panel was fun as well. Here some quick answers to the three main questions. There is definitely much more to say, but we do not have enough space here 🤔:
- Why we need moms in leadership roles --> add a different perspective to the table, one way to approach the "war for talent", bring people together, mothers are servant leaders - the agile leadership model we need
- Why we don't see mothers on the top --> the glass ceiling of the old white men, the dual burden of work and family, missing self-confidence, resistance to change in companies, too much talking and too less doing, ....
- What needs to change to thrive for sustainable growth including mothers voices --> "be the change you want to see from others", select the right role models, be authentic and diverse, be a self-confident you with some luck, be the right person at the right place at the right time, ...
Looking forward to the next summit, maybe in person again after COVID-19. We will wait and see.
- 12h - 22 key-notes - 17 interactive sessions & lots of networking
- Jurgen Appelo: The unFIX Model for Versatile Organizations
- Async vs Sync: Balancing Remote Team Communication
- To build trust with employees, be consistent
- TED Playlist: How art shapes conversation
07.00 - 08.00 PM CEST: A male perspective on 'Moms Who Lead' (Panel). Three high executive male professionals from Nestle, Vodafone and Marienhaus Group will share their perspective on why we need moms in leadership roles, why we don't see mothers on the top and what needs to change to thrive for sustainable growth including mothers voices.
As the summit tomorrow will be all about learning and sharing experiences and perspectives, a quick reference to my daily initiative at work, called the 5-minute learnings. Every day I am sharing interesting and diverse articles, infographics, sketchnotes, pictures and opinions, to give the consumers a 5 minute break and a good feeling afterwards. This has two advantages, some marketing for our Data & Analytics Meetup page and a reuse of the material I use in my BLOG as well. "I see, the lazy engineer again - smart reuse before starting new stuff 😎, yes why not".
"Creation always involves building upon something else. There is no art that doesn't reuse. And there will be less art if every reuse is taxed by the appropriator." -- Lawrence Lessig, taken from Top 25 Reuse Quotes
- Zero-waste shopping comes to Japan
- Management 3.0 practices for your retrospective
- Why Digital Transformation Programs are Not About Technology
- Here Are the Top Startups of 2021
- DIE JOBS TO BE DONE (JTBD) THEORIE (German only)
P.S.: Just another 2,000 readers to go for the next milestone. Keep reading 🤔 !!