Proceeding with my writing in more blog style on this page ...
Today we had our bi-weekly one hour break session and the topic was motivation. After a quick introduction into intrinsic versus extrinsic motivation, we played Moving Motivators https://management30.com/practice/moving-motivators/ with interesting results. An advanced variant could be to guess your colleagues based on their order of the 10 motivation cards?
As a thank you for the good cooperation of the participants I did share the 12 Steps to Happiness, a perfect fit to the current Homeoffice situation, https://management30.com/practice/happiness-steps/.
Some motivating links or helpful content to get motivated:
- TED Playlist: The power of collaboration https://www.ted.com/playlists/431/the_power_of_collaboration
- CRISIS-OPPORTUNITY 07: Make your capabilities future-robust! | Dr. Pero Mićić https://youtu.be/IzoyWgOkmqQ
- Tom Cruise, NASA And Elon Musk’s SpaceX Prepare To Shoot A Movie In Space https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshwilson/2020/05/06/tom-cruise-nasa-and-elon-musks-spacex-prepare-to-shoot-a-movie-in-space/#4af754df673f
- HOW TO END THE FRUSTRATION OF RECURRING PROBLEMS https://leadershipfreak.blog/2020/06/03/how-to-end-the-frustration-of-recurring-problems/
- How People and Companies Feel About Working Remotely https://www.visualcapitalist.com/how-people-and-companies-feel-about-working-remotely/
- 30 Quests for students around the world to celebrate, explore and connect with nature https://ed.ted.com/earth-school
"Classic economic theory, based as it is on an inadequate theory of human motivation, could be revolutionized by accepting the reality of higher human needs, including the impulse to self actualization and the love for the highest values." -- Abraham Maslow, American - Psychologist April 1, 1908 - June 8, 1970, https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html
Left picture taken from Christo and Jeanne-Claude, Wrapped Reichstag, Berlin, 1971-95, Photo: Wolfgang Volz, https://www.wolfgangvolz.com/
In memory: "Artist Christo Vladimirov Javacheff, known as Christo, passed away of natural causes today, on May 31, 2020, at his home in New York City. He was 84 years old." More details and pictures at https://christojeanneclaude.net/press/christo-1935-2020
The right side picture and the #Hashtag in solidarity for the demonstrations sparked by the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis:
- #BlackoutTuesday: A Music Industry Protest Becomes a Social Media Moment https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/arts/music/what-blackout-tuesday.html
- U.S. Businesses Must Take Meaningful Action Against Racism https://hbr.org/2020/06/u-s-businesses-must-take-meaningful-action-against-racism
If you do not have trust in your own capabilities, experience and expertise, why should somebody else trust in you? It all starts with us ...
Be happy and work on your wording 👍:
Science Is the Best: 5 Proven Exercises to Make You Genuinely Happier https://www.themuse.com/advice/science-is-the-best-5-proven-exercises-to-make-you-genuinely-happier
EXACTLY WHAT TO SAY by Phil Jones | Core Message https://youtu.be/Cw_8-aspSRg
RESPECT: Liverpool players show solidarity with George Floyd protesters by taking the knee at Anfield https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fc-take-knee-anfield-george-floyd-protest-a4456591.html
"We want the world our children inherit to be defined by the values enshrined in the U.N. Charter: peace, justice, respect, human rights, tolerance, and solidarity." -- Antonio Guterres, Portuguese - Politician Born: April 30, 1949, https://www.un.org/sg/en/content/sg/biography
Picture taken from NASA Livestream https://youtu.be/21X5lGlDOfg at 07.35 AM CEST today.
Another step of the Mission accomplished. Docking Dragon with the ISS and the 2 test pilots joining the ISS crew on board, as you can see on the picture. Well done and great to see technology at work.
After beating the weekly reader record last week, we could beat the 5 weeks average of weekly readers this week. The new record is 3.994 - great work done and one of my personal Missions accomplished 😉.
The coming week is another 4 day working week, as we do have a bank holiday in Germany tomorrow, Whit Monday. Yesterday I did get a present from the Vodafone Germany CEO Hannes Ametsreiter, https://www.linkedin.com/in/hannes-ametsreiter/. A bar of chocolate and a personal thank you note to all employees and their commitment and attitude during the Corona crisis, lockdown and homeoffice period. Great sign and very much appreciated.
- The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week (29-May-20) https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/blog/weekly-digest/2020/10-must-read-articles-for-recruiters-this-week0
- Demand For These Autonomous Delivery Robots Is Skyrocketing During This Pandemic https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2020/05/29/demand-for-these-autonomous-delivery-robots-is-skyrocketing-during-this-pandemic/#424eff2e7f3c
- Flags of all countries on the Rubik's Cube https://youtu.be/fuXdQzOzLfc
- In 2004, Elon Musk said this about the future of space travel - a man with a vision and mission 16 years ago https://youtu.be/ao5OdiwKp5k